As primary educators of your children, parents have the right and responsibility to choose the best means of educating them. While most Catholic parents focus on Catholic schools and Parish Schools of Religion, some parents choose home-schooling as the means to educate their children. Utilizing guidelines approved by the Archdiocese of St. Louis, home-schooling is a viable option under the leadership of the pastor and assisted by the Coordinator of the Parish School of Religion.
The following guidelines will be implemented for those parents who desire to home-school their children:
- Only Archdiocesan approved religious education texts will be used in the religious education of children who are home-schooled.
- Home-schooling will be allowed in grades 3 through 6. Any exception to this will have to be approved by the Director of the Parish School of Religion.
- All home school parents must attend a meeting with the PSR Director.
- Each student is expected to attend Mass, receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and participate in service projects with their grade level as scheduled on the PSR Calendar.
- All parents and children are expected to meet twice a semester (4 times a school year) with the Director when coming in to take their Unit tests.
- All students will be given a written test over each Unit as scheduled on the PSR calendar.