Jim Cumiskey, Golf Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
LITTLE LEAGUE DIVISION (non-competitive):
- Grades 1 – 4. No experience is necessary. Group lessons start the end of April. Rounds start Mid-June.
- Professional golf instruction, five (5), 55 minute group clinics (covers basic fundamentals and putting, chipping, full swing, and on-course lesson), in addition to three (3) rounds of 9-hole golf matches. Teams of 8 will be formed by grade and gender*. Parent participation is required – see note below. Golf/clinics will be held at the Golf Headquarters Family Golfplex in O’Fallon, MO.
BIG LEAGUE DIVISION (competitive):
- Grades 5 – 8. No experience is necessary. Group lessons start mid-March. Match play starts the end of April. Championship play is scheduled in late June. See uniform note below.
- Teams of 6-8 will be formed* according to grade/gender/experience, and will play other teams of like skill. Professional golf instruction, four (4), 60 minute team group lessons at the Golf Headquarters Family Golfplex in O’Fallon, MO, and 6 rounds of 9-hole golf matches. Parent participation is required – see note below. Golf will be held at Pheasant Run Golf Course in O’Fallon, Crescent Farms in Eureka, Bogey Hills CC in St. Charles, CC of the Legends in Eureka, and Hawks Ridge in Lake St. Louis.
- A mandatory golf etiquette seminar is required for Big League golfers and parents. CYC Cards are also required for any Big League Golfer. Please visit the West County CYC web site for seminar and CYC card info at www.westcountycyc.org
- Optional(tbd for 2017) – Attention 8th Grade Teams: 8th grade TEAMS can receive their lessons (clinics) through golf pro and West County CYC President, Todd Meyer at Whitmoor Country Club. These clinics will cover basic fundamentals of the short game and full swing. They will also cover items each Junior needs to be prepared for if they plan on playing High School golf. Clinic dates are to be determined and will take place Friday evenings, Saturday or Sunday afternoons.
For any additional questions, please feel free to contact Jim Cumiskey at email@example.com. Hope to see you on the links!!
- Short-sleeved white, cotton pique shirt
- Tan or blue pants, shorts or skorts. No JEANS or short shorts/skorts.
- Shoes: Golf or tennis shoes.
- Optional: You are also welcome and encouraged to wear your own hat/visor/sunglasses.
- Players also need to supply their own set of golf clubs, tees, gloves, etc.
You may purchase a uniform shirt with Holy Infant Logo and visor through Chris Blankley @ Johnny Mac’s (Ballwin), 14649 Manchester Road (636-391-6450). ** Any questions, please contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At least one or two parents/volunteers are needed for EACH team. The St. Louis Archdiocese requires that volunteers attend the Protecting God’s Children Workshop. Dates and locations can be found HERE.
*Placement preference will not be guaranteed. Please note that prior EXISTING teams will be given priority placement with their previous year’s team over new additions, unless golfers must be moved to accommodate the creation of another team of the same grade for eligibility purposes. The need to round out teams will have priority over player preference. However, we will do our best with each golfer’s placement preference. Team formation will be completed early March.